Teri was born in Bunbury, Western Australia. She received her early ballet training from Allegonda Deppe at The Ballet School in Western Australia and went on to complete her Advanced Diploma of Arts (Classical Dance) through the National Theatre Ballet School in Melbourne. She then spent a year performing at Tokyo Disney in Japan before accepting contract with the Australian Ballet's "Out There in Schools Program", designing and delivering dance workshops to schools in regional Victoria and New South Wales.
Teri was a guest dancer in Queensland Ballet's production of the Nutcracker in 2007 and entered the company's Professional Year Program in January 2008 before joining the company in August of 2008. In 2012 Teri was nominated "Dancer to watch" in the Australian Dance Critics Survey for her performances in both Swan Lake and The Nutcracker. Teri was the 'face of Christmas' in Brisbane Marketing's 2013 Christmas campaign and in 2017 was the Exercise and Sports Science face of their "30 for 30" campaign. Teri has choreographed 4 short works for Queensland Ballets Soiree and Dance Dialogues seasons.
In 2015 Teri was promoted to Demi Soloist and became soloist in 2017. Her repertoire includes several Soloist and Principal roles including Cinderella in Ben Stevenson's Cinderella, Swanhilda in Greg Horsman's Coppelia, The Sugar Plum Fairy in Ben Stevenson's Nutcracker, Kitri in Francois Klaus's Don Quixote, the Lead Harlot in Sir Kenneth MacMillan's Romeo and Juliet and Edith (Gamzatti) in Greg Horsman's La Baydere. Teri was also a founding member of the QB Junior Friend's program, giving her the ability to mentor and teach the future stars of the stage. She has previously completed her Certificate IV in Elite Athlete Wellbeing, Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management and is a qualified level 1 strength and conditioning coach.
In addition to teaching at QDC, Teri is currently working as the Diving Australia, Athlete Wellbeing and Engagement Manager, studying Cert IV in Career and Education and a Bachelor of Psychology.
Performing Career highlights:
- Swanhilda in Greg Horsman's Coppelia
- Cinderella in Ben Stevenson's Cinderella
- Edith in Greg Horsman's La Bayadere
- Lead Harlot in Sir Kenneth MacMillan's Romeo & Juliet
- Sugar Plum Fairy in Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker
- Wendy in Trey McIntyre's Peter Pan
- Ben Stevenson's Three Preludes
- Clara in Francois Klaus's The Nutcracker
- Clara in Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker
- Bluebird pas de deux in Greg Horsman's The Sleeping Beauty
- Bluebird pas de deux in Francois Klaus's The Sleeping Beauty
- Cygnet in Francois Klaus's Swan Lake
- Ben Stevenson's La Esmeralda pas de deux
- Kitri in Francois Klaus's Don Quixote
- Snow White at Tokyo Disney
- Wendy Darling at Tokyo Disney
- Professional headshot: David Kelly, Queensland Ballet
- 2 posed studio portraits: David Kelly, Queensland Ballet
- Fall/sitting on the floor photo: Christian Aas, Queensland Ballet
- Fun headshot: Victoria Winter
- Disney photos: No photo credit
- Waltz of the flowers: David Kelly, Queensland Ballet
- Ghost dancers: David Kelly, Queensland Ballet
- Swan Lake Neopolitan: David Kelly, Queensland Ballet
- Bluebird: Ken Sparrow, Queensland Ballet
- La Bayadere: David Kelly, Queensland Ballet
- La Esmeralda: David Kelly, Queensland Ballet
- Clara in snow scene: David Kelly, Queensland Ballet